Saturday, May 13, 2017

Distracted Driving

Telegraph Sunday Magazine.  July 27, 1986
Distracted Driving is now the number one risk on Canadian roads contributing to 8 in 10 collisions.  This is where the behaviour started.  The big telecoms were falling over themselves trying to convince more people to use their cellphones while driving.  You can argue that they didn't know at the time how dangerous it could be, but think Big Tobacco.  Anyway, they created a monster.

I ride a motorcycle, and I despise people who risk my life and theirs by moronically yakking on their cellphones or texting while driving. It seems to be predominantly women, often with young children in their cars.  They're usually unrepentant when challenged, flipping me the bird.  I hope there's a special place in hell for them.


No comments: