Tuesday, March 31, 2015

We used to make things in this country. #187: The Archive Two-Hole Hanging Clipboard



As you can see, I've got two of these devices.  I have no idea what Canadian company produced them.  If someone out there knows, I'd love to hear from them.

As for the "Made to Wear" slogan, apparently office workers back then had quite different sartorial tastes than today.

Update May 5, 2015

I stopped at a yard sale on the weekend and picked up this old clipboard: 



So, it seems that "Made to Wear" was associated with "The Perfection File."  Still no information on the manufacturer, though.

I was impressed with the mechanism--simple but elegant.  When you press down on the long handle, it bears down on the two clips against a flat spring, with a brass roller transferring the motion.


No comments: